"You'll have more energy, feel stronger overall, as well as more confident. Reformer Pilates helps with core strength, improved body alignment and posture, as well as muscle lengthening, toning and improved flexibility," says
the PLTS team
. So, it pretty much does everything!
Okay, but how committed do I need to be?
"We recommend three classes per week for the best results. As with anything consistency is key! You'll soon begin to notice differences, like feeling stronger and more confident in your form and exercises will seem easier," says the PLTS
The reformer has a sliding platform, bars and springs to make the Pilates moves increasingly more challenging. You switch the springs, situated under the reformer to make moves tougher.
With three sessions per week, you'll see results pretty quickly, "physically, mentally and visibly! Overall strength will improve, you'll have less fat and more muscle tone," adds the PLTS
Sounds good! So what are the 5 things we should know before our first class?
1) Anyone can do PLTS classes, no Pilates background necessary!
2) Take a PLTS Reformer Pilates Foundation class first, which we recommend for beginners to reformer Pilates or those who want to refresh their technique. The class goes through the foundational exercises you'll find in classes at PLTS.
3) The only thing you need is workout clothing, grip socks, and a positive attitude!
4) PLTS uses hyper-modern reformer Pilates machines, which we know can look a bit intimidating. It will often take a few classes before you feel fully comfortable on the machine and this is completely normal!
5) Each 50-minute class is high intensity, so you can definitely expect to sweat! You'll finish each class feeling energised and proud of the hard work you did.
Before your reformer Pilates class give your energy a boost with a cup of matcha tea.
Afterwards, wind down with a calming shower. This body wash contains lavender to chill you out.