Knowing how to apply eyeliner opens up a whole world of makeup looks that you can wear, but eyeliner can be tricky to get right. However, with Huda Beauty launching Life Liner, €24, it's definitely a product you're going to want to get your hands on and get to grips with using.
Keep reading for 7 eyeliner tricks every makeup addict should know...
1) Want to apply a super neat liner flick? Rest your elbow on a flat, sturdy surface and place your little finger on your cheek, this will stop your hand shaking as you're applying that liner.
2) Get your wing in the right place by drawing from the middle of your top lashes, out to the corner of your eye and then up at an angle using the outer corner of your brow as your guide. You can then trace the line in towards the inner corner of your eye.
3) Got hooded eyelids? If so, the worst thing you can do is close your eye and pull your eyelid taut when drawing a liner flick. Instead, look straight ahead with your eye open and relaxed, now draw. Celebrity makeup artist Katie Jane Hughes is the queen of flicks for hooded eyes, check out the tutorial on her Instagram highlights.
4) Try tightlining! This is where you use eyeliner in the waterline (either top, bottom or both) to add depth and intensity to your eye look. It's also a good way to wear liner, if you feel like a traditional flick looks too intense. Huda's a fan...
"My fave thing to do is to tightline the upper lash line (underneath your lashes), which adds intensity to your look and helps make your lashes look fuller," she says. "My top tip is to stay in the centre and don’t go too close to the tear duct or outer corner, otherwise, it could smudge." Use the pencil end of the Life Liner to tightline.
5) For beginners, try drawing dots along your lashline, then use your liner to join them up. Et voila! Perfect liner.
6) Use a Q-tip cotton bud and a little eye makeup remover to clean up any smudges before the liner dries. Too late? Use a small brush dipped in concealer to conceal any smudges or wonky lines.
7) In a hurry? Why not try lining and curling your lashes at the same time? Draw liner onto the eyelash curlers where they sit against the roots of your lashes. As you curl your lashes the liner should imprint along the lash line. Clever, huh?!