Lip fillers are not for everyone and if you have ever wondered how to fake bigger lips then you've come to the right place. It's really easy to make your lips appear fuller with some clever cosmetic trickery. From overlining your lips with liner to adding volume with strategic placement of your gloss, The Beauty Editor's resident makeup artist Magdalena Smyczek reveals everything you need to know to make your pout appear fuller and plumper in just minutes.
1) You can overline your lips with a pencil, but just be careful to keep it looking as natural as possible. To accentuate this effect you can apply a darker pencil along the lip line and blend it into the lips to create an ombre effect.
2) Now apply your lipstick, you can either use a lighter-toned lipstick and blend into the darker pencil. Or, match your lipstick to the pencil and dot and blend a lighter lipstick colour into the centre of the top and bottom lip to give the illusion of a plumper pout.
3) A matte finish tends to make lips look smaller, whilst gloss, especially with shimmer, will give a plumper effect. Either apply your gloss all over or focus on the inner part of the lips. The Huda Beauty Demi Matte Cream Lipstick, €21.99, contains menthol to naturally plump the lips.
4) Use a little highlighter on your cupid's bow, which can give the illusion of a plumper top lip.
5) Apply a contour cream just outside your lip line at the outer corner of both lips and blend along the lip line towards the centre to create the illusion of a shadow.
Shop the products you need to fake plumper-looking lips at home...
Lip Liner and Lipstick Pairings
Glosses and Highlighters